Blog Background

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Storing Up For Winter


Last night as I was packing up all of our Halloween decorations, I was thinking about what to put out for the month of November. I don't want to do too much because we will not be celebrating Thanksgiving at our house. Instead we will be having our meal of thanks with our tailgating friends and family in Auburn because the Iron Bowl is the following day.

I want our decorations to be something that will easily tie into Christmas so that I don't have to redecorate so much. I always wrap our presents in brown shipping paper. Our tree is usually decorated with white lights and silver, white, blue, and brown decorations. I need to find some ribbon for the tree that will work well with those colors.
sdgadsg
I really like the idea of using materials from nature. God made so many things of beauty that are right outside our doors. It is just a matter of collecting them. I think I want to use pine cones and nuts this year. I found some lovely images using natural elements courtesy of Southern Accents, Southern Living, Martha Stewart, and Cottage Living. I think I feel a nature walk coming on. We live in Alabama, there is no need to pay for pine cones. Ha.

A quick and elegant centerpiece might be something like this sheath of wheat
Or something that may tie in better with Christmas-This pine cone centerpiece
I really loved this wreath. It has pecans, walnuts, peanuts, pine cones, and orange or grapefruit slices. I love the peanut touch. How truly Southern!
This nut assortment is an easy way to add holiday spirit. I love the way it looks with the candles.
I think for Christmas all I need to do is add some extra greenery to the pine cones and I'll be set.

2 comments:

  1. Abby,

    You just gave me some fantastic ideas. I think I'll be stealing some of them from you =) Can't wait to see your decorations when we come up in December!

    -Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ideas to 'copy' :) Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete