Blog Background

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Grocery Bag Crafts, Part II

Some of you may remember this post about reusing paper grocery bags to make a rustic garland for the holidays.

bird

Well, last night, my sister-in-law, Brenna, stumbled on another blog with similar ideas.  Brenna thoughtfully sent me the link.  I thought these were too clever not to share.  Sarah Barry, from Spoonful, and her cousin used the holiday bird bags from Publix as unique gift wrapping.  Wouldn’t you just love to open something from under the tree that was wrapped like any of these?

IMG_0413 

 december 104-1 

december 105

IMG_0441

I know Christmas has come and gone, but maybe we can all use these crafty ideas for other wrapping and decorating projects throughout the year.  Using a grocery bag for anything but groceries is, if you ask me, truly making something from nothing.  I sure do like a free project.

Thanks, Sarah, for allowing me to share your great ideas.

2 comments:

  1. That's what I love about you...you are creative. Also, I will never ever question anything you do if the results mean saving money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Judd-Have I ever told you that you are a smart, smart man? Your comment was sweet. Thanks. I love you!

    ReplyDelete