Blog Background

Monday, September 26, 2011

Burlap Walls

My brother, Bryan, and sister-in-law, Laura, moved into Laura’s Pawpaw’s house last weekend.  We got to go see it last night.  It’s a lovely home that Laura’s Pawpaw built himself.  While taking the tour we walked into a room that will be used as an office.  This room has many built-in shelves and has burlap on the walls.  My guess is that the burlap has been there for years.  I immediately said, “oh, I love the burlap wall treatment.”  Neither Bryan or Laura seemed too enthused about it.   I thought I would put this post together so that maybe they might be able to see a vision for the room that consists of keeping the burlap.  Either way, I’m sure they will make the room look great.  I just thought it might be fun to throw some inspiration photos together.  Congrats on your new abode, Bryan and Laura.

Burlap seems to be so, dare I say, trendy at the moment.  I hate to even  say that because burlap has been used for a  long time for many purposes.  Below are some images I found in a quick Google search of burlap and/or grass cloth used on walls.

What do y’all think?  Can you picture a space in your own home with burlap on the wall?  I think, given the right space, burlap on walls can be very attractive.

burlap_wall_covering_sage_going_on_green

Source: Sage Going On Green

Boxwoods_in_ATL

Source: Velvet and Linen, photo taken at Boxwoods in Atlanta, GA

Conference_room_back_wall_Design_Services_of_Charlotte

Source: (Flickr) Design Services of Charlotte

grass_cloth_walls_via_odietamo_Waterleaf_interiors

Source: Odie Et Amo, design by Waterleaf Interiors

grasscloth-wallcovering_via_home-decor-design

Source: Whitehaven

No comments:

Post a Comment