Blog Background

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

About Abby

I am a wife, doggy mother, doctoral student, and a working professional.

Wife: I am so blessed to be married to Judd. He is the man that I always dreamed I would marry.

Mother: I am mommy to our 5 year old black lab, Cole. He is truly our baby. If I ever need a quick reason to smile, all I have to do is look at him.

Student: I began working on my Ph.D. in Educational Leadership the summer of 2009. I am studying at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. I hope to use this degree to continue climbing the ladder in the field of higher education administration.

Professional: I earned my Bachelor of Arts in History in 2005. I then proceeded on to graduate school, earning my Master of Public Administration in 2007. While I was working on my master's degree, I worked for the Auburn University Economic and Community Development Institute. This job sparked an interest in me for employment in higher education. After graduating with my MPA, Judd and I moved to Philadelphia, PA. I worked for the Penn Center of Educational Leadership at the University of Pennsylvania while we lived there. We have now moved to my hometown of Birmingham, AL where I work for the University of Alabama at Birmingham as the Coordinator of Institutional Research in the Office of Planning and Analysis. I am really enjoying my job at UAB and am so thankful to be in a field that I really love.

No comments:

Post a Comment