Blog Background

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Reminder

While making my post about the fun we had at Judd's high school reunion I received a phone call from my brother in Iraq. He seemed in good spirits. I asked him about the bombing that occurred recently and asked if he was near it. He was trying to comfort me by comparing where I work (UAB) to where the bomb exploded. He said it was like from one side of UAB to the other from his base. He said he couldn't even see the smoke cloud this time. It was the "this time" part that worried me. When I got off the phone with him I read his unit's blog. I noticed on their news feed from CNN that Iraq had released a video of the blast. It was such a reminder to me that as I enjoy life here at home Bryan and the rest of the deployed soldiers truly are at war and anything could happen. As we were getting off the phone he said he had to go and get his gun so he could eat. When I inquired, he said you have to have your gun on you to go to the DFAC (acronym for dining facility). I just thought I would post the video shared by CNN to remind everyone to continue to pray for our troops and their physical and mental well-being.

Click here to view the video

Also, here is video that Sgt. Leech from Bryan's unit made recently. I think this one gets the message across that the soldiers are in a war zone, miss their families, and need our prayers too.

Click here to view Sgt. Leech's video

No comments:

Post a Comment