Blog Background

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

One Semester Down and Twelve To Go!


No, I did not graduate yet. Ha. That photo is from my Master of Public Administration graduation. I have officially completed my first semester in the PhD program. I am exhausted and hopefully slightly more knowledgeable. I just finished Microcomputer Applications to Statistical Analysis and Introduction to Qualitative Research. I enjoyed my classes. It did, however, take me a while to find a balance between working full time, going to school, and maintaining a home and marriage. Thankfully my husband has been very supportive.

When we were working on our Master's degrees simultaneously his program was the one that required 18 and 20 hour days in studio. I used to pack picnic dinners and take them to him in the architecture building so he could eat and finish his projects. I remember baking and decorating Christmas cookies by myself late at night and taking them to his cohort around midnight. Everyone was still there. Because Judd has experienced such an intense program I think he is more understanding than most about my going back to school.

He has helped cook dinner, do laundry, clean the house, and has provided the emotional support I needed to make it through this first semester. I am grateful for him and I am grateful to have this semester finished.


I registered for my fall classes. I will be taking Organizational Leadership & Decision Making I, Theory/Practice of Supervisory Leadership, and Doctoral Seminar I and II. I know it will be a full fall. I can't wait to mark another semester off of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment