Blog Background

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Potata' Sack Christmas

In keeping with my natural decorating this holiday season as seen here and here...I want this burlap ribbon to put on our Christmas tree and to make bows with for our wreaths. I found it on-line from Ballard Designs. It is $10.00 a roll. I could order it I guess, but I really like to buy locally. I enjoy the hunt and the being able to personally touch and examine items before I purchase them. Does anybody know where I might be able to find some burlap ribbon in Birmingham?


Also, Ballard Designs had these lovely burlap stockings. I don't care for the apple green accents (Not because of the look, but because it does not match my house). If you like green go for them. If I remember correctly, they were $19 each. I would love to try and make some. I am not the best seamstress. In fact, I don't even own a sewing machine. I'll have to borrow my mother's. Thanks mom. Oh, and can you teach me how to make them too? I think I need to use chocolate brown, gray-blue, or cream as an accent color for mine. Those are the colors I have used to decorate the rest of our home.

1 comment:

  1. You and I are SO much alike! Our minds must function on the same wavelength. I swear I just pulled up my blog to add a new post about Christmas and Christmas trees. I also needed help with something. I'm about to post in a little bit, so you will see what I'm talking about. I love the burlap idea! Our house is so dark and brown as it is that I'm trying my best to get some color in there somewhere. I guess we'll see!

    ReplyDelete