Blog Background

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful


Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow I thought it only appropriate to reflect on the things in my life of which I am most thankful. I could very easily create a list nearly as long as Santa's. I'll limit myself to ten reasons I am thankful this year. I realize that all of the items on my list are God's blessings. Most of all I am thankful for the eternal life and forgiveness He has granted me.


1. I am so thankful to have a husband who is supportive, loving, intelligent, creative, artistic, thoughtful, handsome, and who is truly my best friend.


2. I am so grateful to have a job that I enjoy and colleagues I genuinely like. I realize that in the current economic environment I am lucky to even be employed. I feel even more blessed to be in a field that I love and can picture myself in for the long haul.


3. I am jubilant at the fact that my brother, Bryan, has returned home safely from his second tour in Iraq. His safe return is certainly an answered prayer.


4. I will give thanks this year for the wonderful blessing of having my grandmother in my life. She is amazing. I love her more than I can express. She will be turning 85 years old next week. I am so thankful for her good health and for her presence in my life.


5. I am so grateful for the opportunity to further my education. I know that not everyone even gets the opportunity to attend undergrad. I realize I am truly blessed to be working on my Ph.D. An even bigger blessing and reason to be thankful is that I get to go to school for free because I work at an institution of higher education.


6. I am thankful for my parents. Through the good and the bad they have shaped me into the person that I am today. I am also so grateful for the wonderful relationship I have with my in-laws. They make every effort to show me I am loved and important to them. This relationship is something I also recognize not everyone has in their life.


7. I give thanks this year for our health. Judd and I are so blessed to be healthy and in love. We realize that tomorrow is not promised.


8. I am so very grateful for our dog, Cole. He brings us such joy. He fills the void of being child free. Because our parenthood needs are met with him we will be able to wait until I graduate to start a family with a human baby. Ha. He is our child. We love him and can't imagine our lives without him.


9. I am thankful for our precious friends. You know who you are. Our lives would not be the same without you.


10. Finally, I am so very thankful for the freedoms that come with being an American. I am so thankful for the opportunity to have a life of prosperity and the choice of my religion.


This is a great time to reflect on what it most important. What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. Hope yall had a great Turkey Day! WDE...good game, but too bad it ended sad :( I cant wait to see you at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete