Blog Background

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Auburn War Eagle


Disclaimer: This post may only apply to a small number of readers. If you don't want to learn more about Auburn University or if you are not already a part of the Auburn family you could probably care less about what I am about to say...err....write.



I received a link to this incredible website via email last week (Thanks Teresa). The website is called Auburn War Eagle. When I say incredible I mean amazingly well put together, beautiful, fun to read...well...just incredible. I don't know any other way to say it.


I think it was used in recruiting which may be one reason why we had such an amazing recruiting class this year.


The intro begins with something all Auburn men and women hold dear--The Auburn Creed. If you are unfamiliar with the creed you can read it below. This was a copy I made and kept on my desk when I worked at the University of Pennsylvania. I thought it was a great reminder for me and my colleagues about the things that matter in life and the way we should live it. I wish I could put it on my desk now, but working in the (rival) University of Alabama System, I know better. :)


Auburn Creed



I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.


I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.


I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities.


I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.


I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."


And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.

- George Petrie (1945)



This creed is just one of the reasons Auburn fans and alumni consider each other family. We all share belief in these things.
You can access the website by clicking below or you can find it under our list of "favorites" on the right side of our blog.


The site is interactive and may take a moment to load.


Click this link to view: Auburn War Eagle


No comments:

Post a Comment